Compatibility between Mifare & NXP PN548 chip

Forum / MIFARE and NFC Reader IC`s / Compatibility between Mifare & NXP PN548 chip

• 25. October 2019 at 20:17
    Hi Guys,

New to the forum and have a question regarding compatibility between Mifare and the NXP PN548 Chip. Can you confirm is there any issues and are they compatible.

Cheers,

Phil
    + 0  |  - 0

Re: Compatibility between Mifare & NXP PN548 chip

28. October 2019 at 9:24
    Hi Phil,

The PN548 is a mobile chip. We can support only MIFARE products and non-mobile NFC reader.

Please check this link:

NFC-APP-DEVELOPER-RESOURCE-HUB

The TapLinx team

+ 0  |  - 0

28. October 2019 at 17:15
    Thanks for responding, the customer will be using a NXP Mifare card made by phillips. I will contact NXP directly to see if they can shed any light.
    + 0  |  - 0

28. October 2019 at 20:01
    NXP cannot help me. Im stumped, how does no one know if the Mifare cards are compatible to read with the NXP PN548 chip?
    + 0  |  - 0

29. October 2019 at 10:50
    Hi Phil,

NXP will help you! With any question regarding MIFARE products you are right here.

But what I want to explain is, NXP is a global manufacturer for semiconductor products. We have divisions for each product group worldwide distributed. Each division has its own support team. The PN548 is part of the mobile devices group and we at this forum cannot support this chip because we have no detailed information about this chip.

I know from my experience that some NFC reader chips in mobile devices have problems with the MIFARE Classic card. The reason is the proprietary cipher of the MIFARE Classic. But if you use a PN548, I can say the MIFARE Classic is fully supported.

Regards,
    The TapLinx team
    + 0  |  - 0
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.