Comparison between Short data sheet and Complete datasheet

Forum / MIFARE general topics and applications / Comparison between Short data sheet and Complete datasheet

• 15. May 2017 at 8:30
    Hi all,

I know that there is a public freely available short data sheet for DESFire EV 2 is exist in NXP site. And also I'm aware that I have to Sign a NDA for get a complete data sheet. My question is what kind of information I'm missing from if referring only short data sheet?. What kind of information complete datasheet has? just wanted to know the whether a sample program include with it and step by step guidance for read write data are exist in the complete datasheet.

Thank you.
    With Best Regards
    Malshan Anthony
    + 0  |  - 0

Re: Comparison between Short data sheet and Complete datasheet

15. May 2017 at 13:26
    Hi Malshan,

The public data sheet (see link below) explains the architecture shortly (chapter 8) and the DESFire command set (chapter 9). But the byte codes and a detailed description of every native command is missing.

If you use for instance the TapLinx SDK, you do not need the details of the command set. It is implemented in TapLinx. The additional benefit of TapLinx is, all encryption, decryption, signing and all the other security stuff is handled for you.

http://cache.nxp.com/documents/short_data_sheet/MF3DX2_MF3DHX2_SDS.pdf

The TapLinx team
    + 0  |  - 0
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.