Change Key

Forum / MIFARE SDK / Change Key

Tagged: 

• 16. March 2016 at 13:49
    My problem is about change key within application.
    I have created a application with KeySetting1= 0x0E and KeySetting2 = 0x03.
    I will have three keys with all byte equal at 0x00.
    My keys are of 8 byte.

I have proved to change Application key Master, these are the phases:
    1. Authentication with PiccMasterKey:OK.
    2. Select Application: OK.
    3. Authentication App MasterKey to generate the sessionKey_1: ok
    4 Change key of the App MasterKey with 8byte(all 0x11) using the sessionKey_1: OK.
    5. Authentication App MasterKey with the new key: return 0xAE.

I have proved to change the key 1 of the Application, these are the phases:
    1. Authentication with PiccMasterKey:OK.
    2. Select Application: OK.
    3. Authentication App MasterKey to generate the sessionKey_1.
    3. Authentication with key 1 of default to generate the sessionKey_2.
    4 Change key of the Key 1 with 8byte(all 0x22) using the sessionKey_2: return 0xAE.

Waiting for your help.
    Thanks
    + 1  |  - 1

Re: Change Key

16. March 2016 at 15:42
    Hi Fiore,

First of all, the term “session key” has a different meaning for me. A session key is negotiated between the reader and the card after a successful authenticate. This key is temporary and becomes invalid after the session terminates (the card is removed or a new authenticate takes place).

I do not understand what you means with “Authentication App MasterKey to generate the sessionKey_1”. How do you “generate” keys?

If you provide different keys for the access permissions of your files, then this are “application keys” for me and this keys never have a temporary character. Okay, you should follow the rule: if you change application keys, you must have selected always the application before. Before you can change for instance key #2, you have to authenticate with old key #2 to prove you are allowed to change the key (this prevents the unauthorized write-over of keys). Then you can change the key #2 with the new value. If you want to change the master key, you have to select AID = 0 before, authenticate with the old key and change the key.

The MIFARE Team

+ 1  |  - 1

16. March 2016 at 15:51
    Hi,
    It's right, I calculate session key with command authentication between card and reader.
    For me "App MasterKey" is Master Key of the Application with AID = 0x00.
    When I want change value with key I authenticate with old key (calculate at the end of this command the sessionKey) and send the command change key.
    This command return me AE.
    Regards
    + 0  |  - 1

16. March 2016 at 17:51
    Hi,
    I created a application with KeySetting1= 0xEF and KeySetting2 = 0x03.
    I succeed to do authentication with key of default (all 0) then I do the authentication, after selected the Application, with new key and the PICC returns 0xAE.
    Regards,
    Fiore
    + 0  |  - 1

17. March 2016 at 11:52
    WordPress › Error

There has been a critical error on this website.

Learn more about troubleshooting WordPress.