Can use SDK on Java SE application

Forum / MIFARE SDK / Can use SDK on Java SE application

• 4. April 2019 at 13:16
    Hi all,
    Thanks in advance for the help....
    We are developing a JavaFX application that needs to read/write NFCTags (NTAG213 series), but we are having serious difficulties to understand how to read information of the tag... we are using javax.smartcardio directlly, and we are not able to send the APDU command for GET_VERSION...

Can we use this SDK, based on android, on our JavaFX application?

Or you have a list of valid examples of ComandAPDU to send to the tag?

Thanks and best regards!

+ 0  |  - 0

Re: Can use SDK on Java SE application

5. April 2019 at 9:38
    Hi Ramon,

TapLinx (formerly known as “MIFARE SDK”) is a SDK for Android. It uses Java as language but is an interface library for the Android NFC Adapter interface.

Do you use a desktop system?

The TapLinx team
    + 0  |  - 0

5. April 2019 at 9:52
    Hi,
    The system that we want to build have 2 components, one JavaFX desktop application and one Android app.
    For the second one, the android app, I think we don't have problems to read NTAG with your sdk...
    But in the javaFX desktop application... we try to do it directlly with java.smartcardio but at the moment we have some troubles....
    With your SDK for Java... I register an testApplication application in MyApps to get the one api key... but I don't know what is the next step to do... you can help me?
    Thanks..
    + 0  |  - 0

8. April 2019 at 8:42
    Hi Ramon,

OK, JavaFX is the desktop port of Java. Then you probably want to use an external NFC reader. Such reader comes in general with the PC/SC interface. For Linux this library is called “PCSC lite”. If you search for “JavaFX and Near Field Communication on the Raspberry Pi” you will find an example how to use this library with JavaFX on a Pi.

For TapLinx, you must insert the license key into the source code of your app. You will find all details in our AN:

AN11876-Starting-Development-with-TapLinx-SDK

The TapLinx team

+ 0  |  - 0
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.