C# implementation: Write app and file to DESFire EV1/EV2 (with AES)

Forum / MIFARE general topics and applications / C# implementation: Write app and file to DESFire EV1/EV2 (with AES)

• 9. August 2020 at 16:41
    Hello everybody,

I'm slowly really desperate. I've been working on the topic for more than 3 weeks and unfortunately I need support.

I have 200 DESFire EV2 cards and just want to write a 16-digit ASCII string into a new file of a new APP (APP-ID: "001925") and secure it with AES keys.
    For programming I have a USB PCSC reader: Pegoda MFEV710,599 (based on MFRC523)

I can communicate with the card in NXP's RFIDDiscover, read out the UID and data, so the connection works.

Unfortunately, I lack any approach to describe these cards in VisualStudio C# (this function should be integrated into a C # program).
    I looked at SharpFreeFare, but it can only read data. libfreefare from nfc-tools extends the libnfc with the MIFARE functions for writing to the DESFire cards. But I didn't manage to compile these libs. I just don't have any knowledge about this.

Has anyone already done a C# implementation with a DESFire card and can give me help or a demo project for VisualStudio?

I am very grateful for any help !!
    Many thanks

Best regards
    Tobi
    + 1  |  - 0

Re: C# implementation: Write app and file to DESFire EV1/EV2 (with AES)

11. August 2020 at 9:17
    Hi Tobias,

Please skip the Pegoda reader and use any other PC/SC reader with USB interface. You also need the driver installation for your Windows version for this reader.

The Pegoda reader was developed by NXP to have a reader which allows a more extensive access to the card interface. The drawback of this approach is the incompatibility with the PC/SC specification. Therefore, you can use the Pegoda only together with the NXP tool RFIDdiscover.

The TapLinx team
    + 0  |  - 0
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.