Authenticating an Ultralight EV1 with a PCSC reader

Forum / MIFARE and NFC Reader IC`s / Authenticating an Ultralight EV1 with a PCSC reader

• 1. March 2017 at 22:55
    Hi,

I have a problem trying to authenticate an Ultralight EV1 card using a PCSC reader (specifically an ACR1222L) with the javacard API. I'm able to write and read on an unprotected tag using the corresponding APDUs for ISO 14443-3 tags. However, I can't find a way to run the PWD_AUTH command since it is not part of the 14443-3 standard (or any native command for that matter). Is it possible to run this command using a PCSC reader (or any native command for that matter)?

Per the reader documentation, I have tried sending the following APDU {e0 00 00 24 07 1b ff ff ff ff 63 00} where 1b is the native command, ff ff ff ff is the password and 63 00 is the crc_a of the command plus password. I have also tried without the crc, switching the order of the parameters, etc., but so far I could not get it working.

I also tried wrapping the APDU (as described in http://stackoverflow.com/a/41729534/3613883). I got it working with a Desfire EV1 card but it doesn’t work with the ultralight EV1 (since it doesn’t support ISO7816-4 obviously).

So, is there a way to authenticate a Ultralight EV1 card using a PCSC reader?

Thanks in advance

+ 0  |  - 0

Re: Authenticating an Ultralight EV1 with a PCSC reader

2. March 2017 at 10:56
    Hello Jorge,

How the communication is implemented inside of the PC/SC driver is defined by the reader manufacturer. I use an Omnikey PC/SC reader and the user manual defines so called “generic card commands” where the card command is wrapped as part of the payload of the generic command (one APDU sequence is part of another APDU sequence). I have no experience with other PS/SC reader products, but other manufacturers should have similar options. So it is not a question of the PC/SC interface in general, but if the driver interface/library support it.

Regards,
    The TapLinx team

+ 0  |  - 0
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.