Authenticate Desfire with SAM ( Hardware key store)

Forum / MIFARE SDK / Authenticate Desfire with SAM ( Hardware key store)

• 3. February 2016 at 13:29
    Hello,

I want to authenticate my desfire card with the key stored in my SAM AV2 card in android. I have a mifare ADVanced SDK available with me.

Now problem is that I cannot find any function in the library to authenticate desfire with Hw key store ( SAM).

So, please guide me how can I authenticate desfire with hw key store using MIFARE ADVANCED SDK?

+ 0  |  - 0

Re: Authenticate Desfire with SAM ( Hardware key store)

4. February 2016 at 9:22
    Hi,

the sample app enclosed with the ZIP file shows how to use the hardware keystore. The method

MainActivity.connectHardwareKeystore()

shows the initialization. But you also have to provide the SAM AV2. You need a USB card reader for using the SAM together with your Android phone. You can use the Omnikey 6121 reader, the SDK provides the library files and the CardManager software for using the reader.

Kind reagrds,
    The MIFARE Team

+ 0  |  - 0

4. February 2016 at 11:37
    Hi,

First of all Thanks for your reply...!!

Actually I have a Android based NFC device which has inbuilt SAM slot in it. And the device use TDA8029 to do communication with SAM.

Now when I try to initialize hw key store with MainActivity.connectHardwareKeystore() method..it does not call the method.

So how can I initialize HW keystore ?
    + 0  |  - 0

9. February 2016 at 13:40
    Hi,

the TDA8029 microcontroller system, which is connected to your SAM uses an own operating system. This is not under control of Android nor under control of the MIFARE SDK. Any solution you want to have needs distributed software components on the sub device of TDA8029 and on your main device (Android). This scenario is not supported by the MIFARE SDK.

The MIFARE SDK for Android points to be used on phones and tablets. Here there are usually no possibilities to use a separate card slot for the SAM. The only way to connect a SAM to your phone is to use an USB card slot like the HID Omnikey reader 6121. Exactly this option is supported by the SDK as hardware key-store.

Currently provided devices as hardware key-store: HID reader 6121 or 2061.

Kind regards,
    The MIFARE Team
    + 0  |  - 0
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.