Absolutely absolute beginner

Forum / MIFARE and NFC Reader IC`s / Absolutely absolute beginner

Tagged: ,

• 2. October 2017 at 11:00
    Hi,
    As an absolute beginner, I'm interested in getting started with creating applications for RFID readers.
    I bought a reader/writer that does not have any documentation(driver, samples, HW spec,..), a description of what's inside. The manufacturer only say that it is a "Mifare" reader/writer. The reader connects to USB and Windows recognizes it as a USB device. How to identify which model is RFID reader? The manufacturer says the API for Windows is in the windows itself. What do I need to do first to get started with making windows applications for that device? where and how to find SDK?
    I know that my question is stupid but I do not know where to start because all the dealers are saying that it's all available on the web.

___
    HKŠ
    + 0  |  - 0

Re: Absolutely absolute beginner

2. October 2017 at 19:47
    Everyone has been there, so your questions aren't stupid. There aren't many good samples on the web and can be daunting to n00bs. We offer an SDK on our website but still spend a good amount of time helping devs integrate it in their applications. The API the manufacturer was eluding to was the PCSC specification which is extensive and over the top for most RFID use cases. Here's a condensed version you might find more helpful.

best,
    Richard
    + 0  |  - 0

Re: Absolutely absolute beginner

18. October 2017 at 14:05
    Hello. I am also a beginner here. I found here valuable pieces of advice. No doubt you are doing hard work here. I will definitely recommend this site to all my friends.
    + 0  |  - 0
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.