a guide for choosing chips

Forum / MIFARE and NFC Reader IC`s / a guide for choosing chips

• 2. July 2015 at 11:38
    hi 2a

we are working on a new NFC based transportation solution .
    we know NXP produce so many NFC chips,but for our application of these technology whats your suggestion ?
    required specification:
    not so expensive
    have plan of producing for a years
    have a strong documentation & sources
    have some successful implemented project in a same applications
    with best regards.

+ 0  |  - 0

Re: a guide for choosing chips

6. July 2015 at 13:03
    Hello Mahmoud!

According to your specification, I would recommend you to check MIFARE PLUS card:

For now, you can read through it, and I will try to aquire some data of Running Projects in Transport with PLUS Card.
    Will notify you here about updates.

If you have any questions, please ask.

David
    + 1  |  - 0

6. July 2015 at 14:38
    really thanks for your post
    you are right about rfid tag(mifare plus as a picc)
    but i mean pcd or card reader chip.
    a reader must act with a mifare classic or mifare plus as a transportation card and with nfc mobile phone too(mobile transferes data from a special app based on nfc to card reader )
    then we have two kind of picc(rfid tag):
    1- mifare cards
    2-smart phone with nfc

with these specifications which chip is best choice?

1-mfrc522 rfid reader/writer is chip,simple ,with a lot of initialing source codes & libraries,
    but i dont know can it consider nfc mobile as a picc & transact data with it or not?

2-the other choice is pn532:
    a bit more expensive than rc522,capabilty of communicate as a nfc phones , with some source codes & libs on internet
    maybe its not best choice for public transportation solutions (paying metterd cost ) maybe there are better chips especially designed for these area but i dont have more information.

3-3th one is smartmx2 secure mcu
    integrated reader/writer with 16bit mcu that dosent need external mcu for controlling pcd chip:
    probably is more expensive than others,with a difficult of supplying & without any source codes/library

-------------
    know i am completely mixed up ,,in same solutions whats best choise?
    with best regards
    Mahmoud
    + 0  |  - 0

6. July 2015 at 14:52
    Hello Mahmoud,

What would really help me in determing what is best for you, is to know a bit more details for your project.
    So what I already know is that you are interested in Public Transport system.
    What would be helpful is to know for how big customer it is ? Are we talking hundreads, thousands, millions even of users?
    This is due to kind of know what is the database we are working with and how frequent it will be used, so by following your inputs I can come up with best solutions for you with respecting the Prize / Performance for your system.

If you do not want to share such information here, please send me a personal e-mail, which you can find in my profile.
    And we can then continue our discussion there even faster.

best,
    David
    + 1  |  - 0

6. July 2015 at 15:39
    thanks dear david
    im waiting for your helps
    WBR,Mahmoud.
    + 0  |  - 0
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.