Re: Using PN512 to communicate with Mifare Desfire EV1 card

Forum MIFARE SmartCard IC`s MIFARE DESFire Using PN512 to communicate with Mifare Desfire EV1 card Re: Using PN512 to communicate with Mifare Desfire EV1 card

Re: Using PN512 to communicate with Mifare Desfire EV1 card

3. April 2013 at 11:53
Dear Trong Quyen,

as I guessed and have mentioned in my previous entry: you need to implement the protocol. The MIFARE DESFire is ISO/IEC 14443-4 compliant, and therfore requires the use of the protocol as described in the part 4 of the ISO/IEC 14443.

To give an example: the protocol uses a standard I-block to transfer a command to the 14443 card. The I-Block contains the PCB (Protocol Control Byte = must) and optionally a CID and / or NAD. Without using CID (assuming that in the RATS no CID has been assigned), at least the PCB + payload + 2 byte CRC must be sent.
Payload in you case is e.g. a MIFARE DESfire command.
Then the card understands the payload (i.e. the MIFARE DESFire understands the command) and act accdordingly (i.e. returns the response).

Please refer to the ISO standard for more details. Alternatively NXP provides a reader library, which can be used with the PN512, too. (NXP also provides trainings related to these topics.)

The datasheet of the MIFARE DESFire card must be requested from NXP.

BR,
Renke
+ 0  |  - 0