Reply To: Desfire EV1, format, writedata, changekey all failed with Authentication Error

Forum MIFARE SDK Desfire EV1, format, writedata, changekey all failed with Authentication Error Reply To: Desfire EV1, format, writedata, changekey all failed with Authentication Error

Re: Desfire EV1, format, writedata, changekey all failed with Authentication Error

29. September 2020 at 14:28
Hi Anitha,

There is no way to change the PICC Master key? Could it be that you changed the key in one of your sessions before (by accident)?
The shown TapLinx links in a different thread works by sure. Please use a blank card where the PICC Master key is a 2K3DES key with all zeros. Try to authenticate and then change the key which was used in the previous authentication. If you take one of the examples if will work.

One recommendation: I would be very carefully when I am changing the key. Any mistake might set an unintended key value. Take in mind: the is no “read key” command available! Therefore, I would do this as last step of my card personalization.

Kind reagrds,
The TapLinx team

+ 0  |  - 0