Reply To: MIFARE Classic Emulation throws \"Stack Error\" on iOS13\'s CoreNFC framework

Forum MIFARE and NFC Reader IC`s MIFARE Classic Emulation throws \"Stack Error\" on iOS13\'s CoreNFC framework Reply To: MIFARE Classic Emulation throws \"Stack Error\" on iOS13\'s CoreNFC framework

Re: MIFARE Classic Emulation throws \"Stack Error\" on iOS13\'s CoreNFC framework

30. October 2019 at 9:46
Hi Rick,

the stumbling block here is the limitation of iOS to accept only “NFC Forum compliant” tags. The NFC Forum defines, how data and data blocks must be organized into NDEF message types. You can use a MIFARE DESFire or a MIFARE Ultralight or an NTAG to format it as NFC Forum compliant tag—but not a MIFARE Classic. The reason is the architecture of the Classic which does it not allow to have NDEF messages blocks.

If I were a card issuer for a transport ticket (or whatever), would I then format my card as NDEF compliant tag? The answer is no! I would always use the full features of the card and organize the data in an optimal way (and ignore the NFC Forum compliant limitations). From this point of view, you will never be able to use tags with other formats as NDEF type on your iOS. So, for me it is not a “bug” which you are facing, it is a decision only accept NDEF type tags and reject all other.

The TapLinx team
+ 0  |  - 0