Reply To: Problem authenticating a MIFARE Ultralight EV1 tag

Forum MIFARE SDK Problem authenticating a MIFARE Ultralight EV1 tag Reply To: Problem authenticating a MIFARE Ultralight EV1 tag

Re: Problem authenticating a MIFARE Ultralight EV1 tag

10. February 2017 at 18:48
Hi,

First, I understand that if the tag is behaving that way there is nothing that anyone can do in software and I trust you that this is the tags behavior. Therefore, I will keep the code I posted since is the only workaround that works for me. But I think you should update the Javadoc and datasheet to reflect that this is the expected behavior.

Second (just out of curiosity, as I said I’m keeping the code I have now) I don’t understand why the states are in any way related to this behavior. What I understand is that the tag will go to HALT or IDLE state when any error happens. For example, as far as I understand, if the tag receives a wrong CRC it will go to HALT or IDLE state and then will answer with a NAK. But if the tag receives a wrong password it will also go to HALT or IDLE but, instead of answering with a NAK, it will timeout. I don’t understand why these two errors will have a different behavior even though it seems like they will go to the same state.

Thanks for your time
+ 0  |  - 0