Reply To: Problem authenticating a MIFARE Ultralight EV1 tag

Forum MIFARE SDK Problem authenticating a MIFARE Ultralight EV1 tag Reply To: Problem authenticating a MIFARE Ultralight EV1 tag

Re: Problem authenticating a MIFARE Ultralight EV1 tag

2. February 2017 at 15:06
Hi,

I’m handling the Tag Lost exceptions in my code. My problem is that I need to handle an authentication error (wrong password) in a different way than a Tag Lost error (the user removes the device from the tag) and right now it is impossible to tell them apart.

I think there is not a special NAK for PWD_AUTH (at least I can’t find it in the Table 10, Section 9.3, Page 21). But, per the diagram in page 35 (Fig 20, Section 10.8), there seems to be a difference between the two cases I’m trying to tell apart. When the tag is lost (as in the user removes the device from the tag) the tag will simply not be able to send any response to the device and the connection should timeout. On the other hand, when provided with the wrong password the tag will answer with a NAK. Therefore, it seems like it should be possible to tell apart these two cases. Of course, I understand that if the NFC driver is not handling this answer properly there is nothing that Taplinx can do to solve the problem.

Thanks a lot for your help, I will keep waiting for updates.

+ 0  |  - 0