Reply To: What does registerActivity do?

Forum MIFARE SDK What does registerActivity do? Reply To: What does registerActivity do?

Re: What does registerActivity do?

27. December 2016 at 12:15
Hi Francisco,

Yea, this is the better column for your question. Anyway, your questions seems unclear for me. We have tested TapLinx on various phones—without any problems.

As you can see in the example app and in the skeletons, enclosed with the AN, the library is initialized in onCreate() (like all other libraries would do it) and the library is located in the main activity, because only the main activity will receive NFC intents from Android. Of course, you can have more activities in your app, but only the main activity should be able to receive NFC intents. If you need processing of NFC data in other activities of your app, you should do it via separate threads or use other mechanisms of inter-app-communication.

I do not see any “design flaws” to locate the library instance in the main activity, when only the main activity will receive NFC intents from Android. The attempt to try to get NFC intents to multiple activities of the same app makes no sense for me, because this opens synchronization troubles and as I know, it is not supported by Android.

I will do my best to support you, but I do not have time to download customer code and start investigations on this code. Sorry.

Kind regards,
The TapLinx Team

+ 0  |  - 0