Reply To: Switch from DES to AES authentication

Forum MIFARE general topics and applications Switch from DES to AES authentication Reply To: Switch from DES to AES authentication

Re: Switch from DES to AES authentication

20. August 2015 at 16:19
Hi Samuel,

0x911E stands for INTEGRITY_ERROR (CRC or MAC does not match data. Paddinng bytes not valid).
With what did you authenticate? 3DES? If you want now to change the Key [ChangeKey] you should use:
0x90[CLA] 0xC4[INS] 0x00[KeyNo] and Ciphered_Key_Data [24 to 40 bytes] ... (you should have a look at the document that I wrote earlier p.43-45, you can find it at docstore.nxp.com).

Are you in an application level, or transponder level (PICC)? According to the documentation, once you are in the application level you cannnot change the key type (after application creation).

As you use a CRC32, I guess you Authenticate with AuthenticateISO 0x1A. Is it right? After this you have these choices to change the key: (CASE I) KeyNo use for authentication is different from the KeyNo to be changed, and (CASE II) KeyNo used for authentication is the same as the KeyNo to be changed (the procedure is diffrent). There is also (CASE III) when the Key is set to 0x0F (all keys except the Master Key are frozen).

It depends on the method how you pass the "Ciphered_Key_Data" to get it right.

Good luck.
Adnan
+ 0  |  - 0