Платформа SmartMX с эмуляцией MIFARE
Developing secure multi-application schemes presents a new set of challenges in terms of security, convenience and design flexibility. Ensuring data integrity is key, since each application has its own security requirements and applications need to remain separated from each other. Contactless performance and reliability is paramount as today’s users expect the convenience of fast transactions. As multi-application systems are highly complex, they can impact the time-to-market and delivery schedules.
The proven SmartMX® and SmartMX2® secure smart card controller platforms fully support multi-application requirements, regarding high performance and data security yet reducing overall cost. The platform is a proven, reliable solution for secure smart transactions – with more than three billion ICs shipped and offers a broad spectrum of memory and interface options (ISO/IEC 7816 contact interface, ISO/IEC 14443A contactless interface, dual interface and SWP – single wire protocol).
Excellence in security
On chip hardware for symmetric (DES and AES) and asymmetric (PKI and ECC) encryption engines provide all means to implement applications and systems offering high security levels and data/privacy protection. The SmartMX platform is Common Criteria EAL 5+ certified, so it protects against light attacks, invasive fault and side-channel attacks and comes with a CRI license for improved DPA/SPA attack resistance features.
- Convergence of mobile transaction applications:
- Smart Mobility
- Mass transit ticketing
- Car sharing
- Road tolling
- Consumer Interaction
- Loyalty schemes
- Access Management (physical and logical access to PCs and networks)
- Brand protection
- Device authentication
- eGovernment (e-passports, health and social-security cards, driver licenses, work permits)
- Payment (debit, credit, loyalty, ePurse, ATM)
MIFARE functionality on SmartMX
On its contactless and dual interface family members the SmartMX platforms feature optional MIFARE functionality besides the chip OS applications.
MIFARE FleX® is a powerful feature set on the SmartMX2 which allows to flexibly select MIFARE Classic, MIFARE Plus or MIFARE DESFire functionality for the concurrent use of MIFARE and the chip OS applications. Contactless behavior and UID usage can also be flexibly configured and adapted in the field as per the respective application requirements supporting most existing and future eco-systems. Click here to see how MIFARE FleX works on SmartMX2.
- MIFARE implementation selection of MIFARE Classic, MIFARE Plus or MIFARE DESFire
- MIFARE functionality configuration during production or before a transaction
- Configurable 7 Byte UID, 4 Byte Random ID or 4 Byte NUID
- Activation parameter configuration: ATQA, SAK, ATS
- Timeout configuration of UART activity and RF-field absence
- Full flow control of card OS by setting “gain back control” conditions
- Flexible adaption to different application needs while ensuring legacy infrastructure compatibility
- MIFARE functionality configuration during production or per transaction
- Usage of third party OS/applet while ensuring MIFARE compatibility
- Cost saving and delivery flexibility
- Reduced stock as one product can cover a variety of different projects
- Reduced development effort of multi-application schemes
- Faster time to market