MIFARE DESFire EV1
MIFARE DESFire EV1 is ideal for service providers wanting to use multi-application smart cards in identity, access, loyalty applications and transport schemes. It fully complies with the requirements for fast and highly secure data transmission, flexible memory organization and interoperability with existing infrastructure.
MIFARE DESFire EV1 is based on open global standards for both air interface and cryptographic methods. It is compliant to all 4 levels of ISO / IEC 14443A and uses optional ISO / IEC 7816-4 commands.
Featuring an on-chip backup management system and the mutual three pass authentication, a MIFARE DESFire EV1 card can hold up to 28 different applications and 32 files per application. The size of each file is defined at the moment of its creation, making MIFARE DESFire EV1 a truly flexible and convenient product.
Additionally, an automatic anti-tear mechanism is available for all file types, which guarantees transaction oriented data integrity. With MIFARE DESFire EV1, data transfer rates up to 848 Kbit/s can be achieved, making fast data processing possible.
The chip's main characteristics are denoted by its name DESFire EV1 - DES indicates the high level of security MIFARE DESFire EV1 achieves using a 3DES hardware cryptographic engine for enciphering transmission data. Fire reflects its outstanding position as a Fast, Innovative, Reliable and sEcure IC in the contactless proximity transaction market. Hence, MIFARE DESFire EV1 brings many benefits to endusers. Cardholders can experience convenient contactless ticketing while also having the possibility to use the same device for related applications such as payment at vending machines, access control or event ticketing. In other words, the MIFARE DESFire EV1 silicon solution offers enhanced consumer-friendly system design, in combination with security and reliability.
MIFARE DESFire EV1 delivers the perfect balance of speed, performance and cost efficiency. Its open concept allows future seamless integration of other ticketing media such as smart paper tickets, key fobs, and mobile ticketing based on Near Field Communication (NFC) technology. It is also fully compatible with the existing MIFARE reader hardware platform. MIFARE DESFire EV1 is your ticket to contactless systems worldwide.
- Advanced public transportation
- Access management
- E-Government incl. social services
- Fully ISO / IEC 14443 A 1-4 compliant
- 2-KB, 4-KB and 8-KB EEPROM with fast programming
- Secure, high speed command set
- High data rates according to ISO / IEC 14443-4: up to 848 kbit/s
- Flexible file structure (choice of 5 file types)
- Choice of open DES/2K3DES/3K3DES/AES crypto algorithm in hardware
- Common Criteria Certification: EAL4+ for IC HW and SW
- Automatic Data Backup mechanism (Anti-tearing)
- Unique 7-byte serial number (optional Random ID configurable)
- Data integrity: CRC and bit counting on physical layer
- Optional 70pF types optimized for small form factor design
You can download the product leaflet here.