The MIFARE Classic family is the pioneer and front runner in contactless smart ticket ICs operating in the 13,56 MHZ frequency range with read/write capability and ISO 14443 compliance. MIFARE Classic 1k was the first IC to be used in high volume public transport ticketing in a major transport project in Seoul, Korea. Continuing this success, cities such as São Paulo, Buenos Aires, Taipei, Pusan and many more are adopting MIFARE as the contactless interface platform for the present and future.
MIFARE Classic 1K is primarily used in closed systems as fixed value tickets (e.g. weekly or monthly travel passes) or as tickets where value is extracted from the card by the service provider.
MIFARE Classic 4K opens up many new service opportunities by enabling public transport authorities to implement multi-modal systems. It might be used for a combination of contactless applications on one single MIFARE smart card.
From May 2010 onwards, a MIFARE Classic 1K variant is also available with a 7 Byte UID. For future outlook regarding the 4 Byte UIDs see 4-7Byte UID.
- Public transportation
- Access management
- Event ticketing
- 1 kbyte EEPROM (768 Byte free available)
- 4 kbyte EEPROM (3480 Byte free available)
- Unique serial number (4 Byte and 7 Byte)
- 16 separated sectors supporting multi-application (MIFARE Classic 1k)
- 40 separated secorts supporting multi-application (MIFARE Classic 4k)
- Each sector consists 4 blocks with a length of 16 Byte
- 2 x 48 bit keys per sector for key hierarchy
- Access conditions free configurable based on 2 keys
- Number of single write operations: 100.000
- Data retention: 10 years
Download the leaflet here
For further information and product documentation please visit the MIFARE Classic product information page on the NXP Semiconductors homepage.