The MFRC530 is a member of a new family of highly integrated reader ICs for contactless communication at 13.56 MHz. This family of reader ICs provide:
- outstanding modulation and demodulation for passive contactless communication
- a wide range of methods and protocols
- pin compatibility with the CLRC632, MFRC500, MFRC531 and SLRC400
All protocol layers of the ISO/IEC 14443 A are supported.
The receiver module provides a robust and efficient demodulation/decoding circuitry implementation for compatible transponder signals. The digital module, manages the complete ISO/IEC 14443 A standard framing and error detection. In addition, it supports the fast Crypto1 security algorithm for authenticating the MIFARE products.
The internal transmitter module can directly drive an antenna designed for a proximity operating distance up to 100 mm without any additional active circuitry.
A parallel interface can be directly connected to any 8-bit microprocessor to ensure reader/terminal design flexibility. In addition, Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI) compatibility is supported.
- Highly integrated analog circuitry for demodulating and decoding card response
- Buffered output drivers enable antenna connection using the minimum of external components
- Proximity operating distance up to 100 mm
- Supports the ISO/IEC 14443 A standard, parts 1 to 4
- Supports MIFARE dual-interface card ICs and MIFARE Classic protocol
- Crypto1 and secure non-volatile internal key memory
- Pin-compatible with the CLRC632, MFRC500, MFRC531 and the SLRC400
- Parallel microprocessor interface with internal address latch and IRQ line
- Flexible interrupt handling
- Automatic detection of parallel microprocessor interface type
- 64-byte send and receive FIFO buffer
- Hard reset with low power function
- Software triggered Power-down mode
- Programmable timer
- Unique serial number
- User programmable start-up configuration
- Bit-oriented and byte oriented framing
- Independent power supply pins for analog, digital and transmitter modules
- Internal oscillator buffer optimized for low phase jitter enables 13.56 MHz quartz connection
- Clock frequency filtering
- 3.3 V to 5 V operation for transmitter in short range and proximity applications
- 3.3 V or 5 V operation for the digital module