Introducing the MIFARE SDKThe easy way to develop NFC enabled Android applications
The MIFARE SDK is designed to provide access to all hardware features on Java level and enables Android apps to be created for MIFARE, ICODE and NTAG more easily than ever before. Leveraging the worldwide success of NXP´s product installations, the launch of MIFARE SDK opens up a world of new possibilities for creative Android application developers.
The enormous reduction in development time enables Android app developers to focus on the real important things: designing cool apps for a range of applications like access management, closed loop micropayment, campus cards and loyalty programs. These apps can then be easily uploaded to the Google Play store, ready for the end-user.
Your simple way to cool Appsjust follow these Steps!
The first step is to login in order to get full access to our SDK documentation and the download area. If you are not registered yet, don't worry! You can register now
Download the MIFARE SDK and start developing cool NFC apps that work with the worldwide existing MIFARE, ICODE and NTAG infrastructure.
Follow our step by step install guide to get started with our SDK. You will see how easy it is to start building your first project and all the possibilities that you'll have
LoginUsers get More!
- Reduced development time for Android APPs together with MIFARE, NTAG and ICODE hardware.
- Short time from idea to market
- Full commandset support on Java level
- Easy and quick development of Android APPs
- Type of card and technical knowhow doesn´t matter for first contact
- Easy entry to the MIFARE World with source code examples, sample application and documentation
login now!Need to register?
Download Mifare SDKand get your Starter Kit!
The free version of the MIFARE SDK, which can be used with most MIFARE cards, provides a subset of features for quick, easy development of lightweight applications. The advanced version of the SDK includes the complete command set, supporting advanced features on every card architecture and enables fast development of complex applications.
Download MIFARE SDK and start developing
You have to log in to download the MIFARE SDK
Install Mifare SDKWe will guide you!
The included sample Android APP with source code, together with the Java documentation and the java library makes it easy for you to develop your first Android APP. For a quick start we have also implemented a LITE API that can be used with most of our MIFARE products and you must not think about the product type.
Newest post in Forum
NPX Mad StructureOctober 01, 2014
Hello I am new to RFID, and have previous only worked on Mag Swipe, we have a supplier who as part of their door software allows us to put a numbers in to a sector on our RFID Cards,
However they have just said its NPX MAD stru…
Celebrating the future of payments in NijmegenJuly 16, 2014
Smarter ways to implement and use contactless applications
Chile transport ready for the mobile futureJune 26, 2014
The system upgrade with MIFARE Plus prepares Chile for the next wave in transportation ticketing
RFID Module MIFARE DESFireJune 17, 2014
The SMART Technologies RFID module Mifare DESFire is designed for integration in terminals, handhelds other devices.
During development, special attention was paid to compact dimensions and technical flexibility
(3,3V DC to 5,0V DC) for the integrati…
END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
This end user license agreement (the “Agreement”) is entered into by you (either an individual or an entity) and NXP Semiconductors Netherlands B.V., a private company with limited liability incorporated under the laws of the Netherlands, having its registered office at High Tech Campus 60, 5656 AG Eindhoven, the Netherlands (“NXP”) by installing the SDK (as defined hereafter) onto any device.
1. License. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, NXP hereby grants you for the term of this Agreement a non-exclusive, worldwide, personal, non-transferable, royalty-free license, without the right to sublicense, to use the software and documentation, and all upgrades, updates, information and/or other materials relating thereto that NXP may (in its sole discretion) provide to you under this Agreement (collectively the “SDK”) in object code executable only form on a single computer controlled by you for the limited purpose of developing an application and to distribute this application for non commercial or commercial and/or revenue generating purposes (the “Authorized Purpose”).
2. License Restrictions. You shall not, and shall not permit any third party to: (i) use the SDK as a stand alone product . for commercial or revenue generating purposes; (ii) copy, translate, modify or make derivative works of any portion of the SDK; (iii) rent, disclose, publish, sell, assign, lease, lend, sublicense, market, transfer, distribute or otherwise provide third parties access to any portion of the SDK; (iv) reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the SDK or derive or attempt to derive the source code, algorithmic nature or structure of any object code portions of the SDK except and only to the extent that such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law notwithstanding this limitation; (v) use the SDK to create any product that competes with the SDK; (vi) remove or circumvent any protection or other restrictive technology mechanism of the SDK; (vii) remove or alter any proprietary markings or notices from the SDK; (viii) develop applications intended to commit criminal and/or tortuous acts, including but not limited to hacking the MIFARE technology or any other technology, or (ix) otherwise use any portion of the SDK in any manner not expressly authorized in Section 1. Notwithstanding the above, you are allowed to use and distribute your application with the SDK incorporated therein to third parties to achieve the Authorized Purpose.
3. Open Source Restrictions. The license granted in Section 1 does not include any license, right, power or authority to cause the SDK or the MIFARE application, in whole or in part, to be subject to Open Source Licensing Terms. As used herein, “Open Source Licensing Terms” means terms in any license for software which require, as a condition of use, modification and/or distribution of such software or other software incorporated into, derived from or distributed with such software (a “Work”), any of the following: (a) the making available of source code or design information regarding the Work; (b) the granting of permission for creating derivative works regarding the Work; or (c) the granting of a royalty-free license to any party under intellectual property rights regarding the Work. By means of example and without limitation, Open Source Licensing Terms include the following licenses or distribution models: (i) the GNU General Public License (GPL) or Lesser/Library GPL (LGPL), (ii) the Artistic License (e.g. PERL), (iii) the Mozilla Public License, (iv) the Common Public License, (v) the Sun Community Source License (SCSL), (vi) the Sun Industry Standards Source License (SISSL), and (vii) the Open Software License.
4. Ownership. Except for those rights specifically granted in Section 1: (i) NXP, its affiliates and their suppliers reserve all right, title and interest in and to the SDK, and (ii) no other express or implied license, right or interest in any patent, patent application, copyright, trade secret, trademark or any other intellectual property right are granted hereunder. This Agreement does not transfer any ownership interest in the SDK. You agree that any feedback provided by you to NXP and any intellectual property rights and other proprietary rights therein or thereto shall vest in NXP.
5. Confidentiality. The SDK contains confidential and proprietary information and materials and may include trade secrets. You agree to: (i) hold the SDK in confidence, (ii) disclose the SDK only to your employees who have a need to know and who have been advised of and are bound by confidentiality obligations no less protective than this provision, and (iii) use the SDK only for the Authorized Purpose. You agree to use reasonable measures to protect the SDK from misappropriation or misuse. You shall notify NXP immediately if you learn of any misappropriation, or unauthorized use or disclosure of the SDK. Notwithstanding the above, you are allowed to use and distribute your application with the SDK incorporated therein to third parties to achieve the Authorized Purpose.
6. Term; Termination; Effects. This Agreement shall commence upon the earlier of your acceptance of this Agreement or your installation of the SDK and shall continue until terminated in accordance with this Agreement. This Agreement will terminate automatically if you fail to comply with any term or conditions of this Agreement or if you uninstall/destroy or voluntarily return the SDK to NXP. Upon termination of this Agreement: (i) all rights and licenses granted to you under this Agreement shall immediately terminate; (ii) you shall promptly return to NXP or, at NXP’s discretion, destroy the SDK and all whole and partial copies thereof and destroy all copies of developed applications except for one which may be retained for archive purposes only; (iii) within thirty (30) days after such termination, you will furnish to NXP at the address above a written certification that the SDK and all whole and partial copies thereof, have been (a) destroyed or returned to NXP, and (b) erased from all of your storage elements and devices. All defined terms and Sections 2 through 12 shall survive the termination of this Agreement.
7. Remedies. You acknowledge and agree that, if NXP is required to bring an action to enforce the provisions of this Agreement, the damages may be irreparable and difficult to measure and NXP shall be entitled to seek equitable relief including a preliminary injunction in addition to any other relief available.
8. Disclaimer. THE SDK IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “WITH ALL FAULTS” BASIS. NXP, ITS AFFILIATES AND THEIR SUPPLIERS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY, OR ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR PERFORMANCE, OF THE LICENSED MATERIALS REMAINS WITH YOU.
9. Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL NXP, ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF DATA OR INFORMATION, AND THE LIKE) ARISING OUT OF THIS AGREEMENT OR THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SDK, WHETHER OR NOT BASED ON TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY, BREACH OF CONTRACT, BREACH OF WARRANTY OR ANY OTHER THEORY, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANY DAMAGES THAT COMPANY MIGHT INCUR FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL DAMAGES REFERENCED ABOVE AND ALL DIRECT OR GENERAL DAMAGES), THE ENTIRE LIABILITY OF NXP, ITS AFFILIATES AND THEIR SUPPLIERS UNDER ANY PROVISION OF THIS AGREEMENT AND YOU EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ALL OF THE FOREGOING SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES INCURRED BY YOU BASED ON REASONABLE RELIANCE UP TO THE GREATER OF THE AMOUNT ACTUALLY PAID BY COMPANY UNDER THIS AGREEMENT OR FIVE EUROS (€5). THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS, EXCLUSIONS AND DISCLAIMERS SHALL APPLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, EVEN IF ANY REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
10. Governing Law; Disputes. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Netherlands without regard to any principle of conflicts of law. Any dispute arising hereunder shall be resolved by the competent courts in ‘s-Hertogenbosch, the Netherlands, and the parties hereby agree that venue and jurisdiction for any related proceedings arising hereunder shall lie exclusively with such courts. NXP however retains the right to bring disputes in any other court of competent jurisdiction and you irrevocably waive any objection to, and agree to submit to, the jurisdiction of such other courts.
11. Export Laws. Insofar as these relate to the activities under this Agreement, You will comply with all applicable national and international export control laws and regulations. In particular, You will not directly or indirectly export, re-export, transfer or release the SDK or direct product thereof to any destination, person, entity or end use restricted or prohibited by applicable laws, without obtaining prior authorization from the applicable competent government authorities to the extent required by those laws.
12. Miscellaneous. (A) Nothing in this Agreement shall create a joint venture, partnership or principal/agent relationship between the parties. (B) You shall not assign or transfer any of its rights or obligations hereunder without the prior written consent of NXP. (C) A waiver of any right hereunder shall in no way waive any other rights. No waiver, alteration, modification or amendment of this Agreement shall be effective unless in writing and signed by both parties. (D) In the event that any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, such provision shall be deemed amended to achieve the economic effect of the intent of the parties in a valid, lawful and enforceable manner, or if not possible, then deleted and ineffective to the extent thereof, without affecting any other provision of this Agreement. (E) This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement regarding the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior agreements, understandings and communications, oral and written, between the parties regarding the subject matter hereof. (F) NXP reserves the right to revise the terms of this Agreement by updating the Agreement on its website. You are advised to check this Agreement periodically for notices concerning revisions. Your continued use of the SDK shall be deemed to constitute acceptance of any revised terms.