Here are some basic Dos and Don'ts to keep in mind when posting on this MIcommunity page.
- Search if your topic is already existing in the forum.
- Read our support documentation.
- Be transparent and honest. Do not falsely impersonate others. Use your name.
- Stay on topic. Please post only messages that are relevant to the subject of the Forum. Spam posts will be deleted.
- Respect intellectual property. If you cite content created by others, acknowledge it. If you use any third party copyrighted materials, please remember to obtain consent from that third party or, if it legally qualifies as fair use, give proper credit.
- Indicate if you have asked your question elsewhere.
- Be specific. Use a descriptive title for your posts.Include exact steps to recreate what you are experiencing preferable per below. This will help others determine a solution for your issue:
- Issue description
- Steps to reproduce:
- What went wrong?
- What should have happened?
- Product, version
- Respect intellectual content and digital rights management. Promotion of illegal activity is strictly banned and will be reported to the appropriate authorities.
- Respect others.
- Share your knowledge and grow your community.
- Do not post the same question in multiple places.
- Do not post information that is confidential, proprietary or covered under NDA.
- Do not submit material that infringes the intellectual property rights or other rights of any person or entity including but not limited to copyrighted material or open source material without providing appropriate credit / license.
- Advertising or any form of commercial solicitation is not permitted on MIFARE Forum. This behavior is grounds for removal from the forums. Announcements are acceptable.
- Do not post inappropriate content or language that is offensive, harassing, defamatory, abusive, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable.
- Do not include large files and downsize graphics or files in your forum posts. Please post only what is absolutely necessary in describing the issue at hand.
- Do not submit- false or deceptive language, unsubstantiated or comparative claims regarding our or others´ products, third party advertising, span, chain letters, or any other solicitation, including solicitation of lawsuits.
- Do not post any serial numbers.
- Do not violate any person`s privacy or publicity rights or breaches any duty of confidentiality that you owe to anyone or provides any non-public informatin about any company or person without authorization (including the names and contact information for NXP employees and Site users)
- Do not submit or install any viruses, worms, bugs, Trojan horses or other code, files or programs designed to, or capable of, disrupting, damaging or limiting the functionality of any software or hardware
- Do not post export-controlled materials.
- Do not post content that violates MIFARE community guidelines.
MIFARE community guidelines
- Except as otherwise indicated on a particular site, MIFARE.NET site is a community geared towards users of NXP approved MIFARE products and services. This Site is controlled and operated by NXP. NXP makes no representation that materials available on the MIFARE.NET are appropriate in every country, and access to them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access MIFARE.NET are responsible for compliance with local laws
- You agree that all information you submit at registration is accurate and that you will keep it current. If we have reasonable grounds to suspect that the registration data is untrue, inaccurate or incomplete, we have the right to suspend or terminate your account. It is your responsibility to maintain the confidentiality of your account information, and you are responsible for all use of MIFARE.NET accessed through it. You acknowledge and agree that we may send you important information and notices regarding your account and MIFARE.NET by email, text messaging or other means based on the information you provide to us.
- Access by unauthorized individuals is prohibited by law and users may not grant access to unauthorized users. Export of and retransfer of this technology and software may be controlled by the Netherlands Government. Diversion contrary to Dutch law or any other applicable local law is prohibited.
- Use of this site for other than its intended purpose is strictly prohibited.
- NXP reserves the right in its sole discretion to terminate or restrict your use of the MIFARE.NET, without notice, for any or no reason, and without liability to you or any third party. NXP also reserves the right to discontinue any part of the MIFARE.NET at any time.
- The MIFARE forum is for the MIFARE community's peer-to-peer discussions.
- To suggest changes, report software bugs, or submit feedback about MIFARE products, tools and services, please utilize the Contact Us area of the MIFARE Website.
- The MIFARE forum locked posts are not guaranteed and may be deleted or modified at the forum moderator's discretion.
- Point gaming and self-promotion is not allowed. Users are not allowed to create false or multiple identities with malicious intent, i.e. posting incorrectly or claiming false credentials. Likewise, if we find a single user has created multiple accounts to self-promote or advance their reputation within the community, we have right to remove said account(s) from the forums.
- NXP may make changes to the site content, the license terms for text or sample code, or these guidelines at any time.
- NXP reserves the right to move (to a more appropriate forum) or remove any posts that it deems inaccurate, inappropriate, offensive, or prohibited under these guidelines. NXP also reserves the right to eject or permanently ban a user who behaves in any manner it deems inappropriate, offensive, or prohibited under these guidelines. While we may attempt to notify you if we move or delete a post, we are under no obligation to do so. Depending on the nature of violation, NXP at their sole discretion, may terminate your user account.
- Participants in the MIFARE online community forums retain full ownership of the original material they create and post in these forums. By participating in the forum you give NXP a perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, roaylty-free right and license (including the right to sublicense) to use this material in this service or in the marketing of this service.
- All materials on MIFARE.NET, including, without limitation, names, logos, trademarks, graphics, photographs, illustrations, and software and other elements making up MIFARE.NET (collectively, "Material") are protected by copyrights, trademarks or other intellectual property rights owned and controlled by NXP or by other parties that have otherwise provide their material to . You may not delete, distort, or otherwise modify the Material. Any unauthorized attempt to modify any Material, to defeat or circumvent our security features, or utilize MIFARE.NET or any part of the Material for any purpose other than its intended one is strictly prohibited.
- You may display, perform, redistribute and otherwise exploit the videos or other Material on MIFARE.NET under a worldwide, royalty-free, revocable and non-exclusive license from NXP ("License"), provided you comply with the following restrictions:
You may not alter or edit the Material in any way, or combine ther Material with other materials, without the prior written permission of NXP. To request permission, please contact: MIFARE@NXP.com
You must include any copyright notices, disclaimer of warranties, tags and other disclosures and identifiers required by NXP.
You may not use the Material on any website or in any other medium, or in connenction with any activity, that promotes any non-NXP brand, product or service; infringes on the rights of any third party; or vilates any law.
- This web site may include contributions from various sources over which NXP has no control (including any content submitted by third party users and links to third party sites) and, therefore, NXP is not responsible for such contributions and such contributions do not necessarily represent the opinions or positions of NXP.
MIFARE.NET may provide interactive features (such as forums) that allow you to disclose information directly to other users. Your participation in such interactive features is completely voluntary and NXP assumes no obligations or responsibility with respect to the information you provide or share through such interactive features.
To participate in these interactive features, NXP may require you to register with us and provide certain information such as your name, company name, email address, location, phone number, and desired display name (which may be viewable by other users of the interactive features).
NXP may use the information you provide during the registration process for analytical and development purposes (such as to make product or service enhancements) and to enable you to use the interactive features and to manage your account. You may also personalize our interactive features by voluntarily providing additional information.
Our interactive features may - in the future - also allow you to upload an avatar or other graphical representation of yourself. If you voluntarily provide such additional information, it may be viewable by other users of the interactive features - so you should not provide information you do not want other users to see.