Smart paper ticketing
As the usage of contactless proximity smart cards becomes more and more common, transport and event operators are beginning to switch to full contactless solutions.
Smart paper tickets can be easily integrated into existing fare collection schemes and even standard paper ticket vending equipment can be upgraded. In addition, this solution for low cost tickets can help operators to reduce the circulation of cash within the system.
Beside the perfect solution for the limited use ticket, smart paper tickets are bringing many additional benefits to the public transport fare collection schemes:
- Fraud reduction
- Fare evasion reduction
- Less maintenance costs
- Less interaction steps with the equipment
- Increased passenger throughput
- Reduced cash flow and related operational costs
- Enabling aggregated services (such as payment systems for taxi fares, cinema and theatre tickets, loyalty programs, access management and parking)
- Combined ground, underground and inter-city ticketing
- Enabling co-operation between multiple Public Transport Operators
- Extended convergence model with Single Trip Ticketing solution
- Enabling interoperability with all other services based on contactless technology
Adopted by many cities in the world (Moscow, Los Angeles, Venice, Atlanta, Miami, Singapore among others), Smart Paper Ticketing provides accomplishment of the full contactless automatic fare collection schemes.